OIHA Board of Directors
- Melissa Hanmer - President
- Theresa Astles - Vice President
- Bruce Robinson - Treasurer
- Kordula Reinhartz - Secretary
- Anne Jones - Director at Large
- To introduce and promote the Icelandic horse breed in Ontario.
- To organize and promote events such as shows, demonstrations, instruction clinics, group trail rides and social activities for Association members, for fun and educational purposes.
- To promote the interests and well-being of the Icelandic horse and the OIHA, in ways that are agreeable to the membership.
- To provide advisory assistance to Icelandic horse enthusiasts, riders, owners and breeders.
- To regularly inform our members of Association news and upcoming events/activities, through our Quarterly Newsletter and other means of communication
OIHA is not limited to residents of Ontario.
Anyone who is interested can join the Association.
OIHA Membership Benefits
- Quarterly Bulletin (Member Contributed)
- Members-only Login Area
- OIHA-sponsored Clinics
- Clinic sponsorships are available to youth riders (under 18 years of age) upon request - limited to one sponsorship per youth per year with a lifetime maximum of $400.
- Free OIHA-sponsored Clinic Auditing for Youth Members
- Annual Association Summer Picnic
- Annual General Meeting
- Organized Events and Activities
- Assistance and Advice from Fellow Members and Directors
- OIHA Clothing for Purchase
Our goal is to Promote, Preserve, Advise, Educate and Inform. To know the Icelandic horse to is love the breed.
OIHA Members’ Horses
A versatile athlete with a fantastic character
Favourite hobby is napping
Angel at heart, boss in the field.
Loving, furry and a secret speed demon
Loves his BFF Galdur
Stern but kind Matron-in-Charge
Mama's Baby Boy
Mischievous "Diva Supreme"
Gentle, sweet & willing